Supercharge Your Fading MacBook Battery
Does your battery feel sluggish and rundown? Just can’t seem to hold a charge anymore? Well, why not try Calibrating?!
If your battery is showing signs of shorter run times, you may want to calibrate the battery (ideally once every 1-3 months).
To calibrate the battery, follow these instructions:
- Fully charge your MacBook.
- Once fully charged, leave it plugged in for at least another 2 hours.
- Remove the MagSafe power adapter, and use your computer until you get the battery level warning message.
- Ignore that message and keep running your notebook.
- Eventually the machine will go to sleep.
- Do NOT plug it in. Instead, let it sleep for at least 5 hours.
- After the time has passed, plug it back in, and let it fully charge.
- Once fully charged, your battery has been properly calibrated.
Thanks to FIPLAB Ltd, makers of BATTERY HEALTH, a free 5-star app that helps keep– well– batteries healthy!